Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Scar Party - Phase 2

Ever since the first Scar Party show a couple of weeks ago, I've been really excited about what the future holds for this project. Playing a show by myself and trying to make an interesting production of it, really gave me some confidence in what I'm trying to do with this band. It was also nice to have both Scott and Colin, who will be the drummer and bassist respectively, at the show to offer their support and also to see how high I wanna set the bar with this band. I really have high expectations.

We had our first full-on band practice for Scar Party today. Man... This 3 piece band is waaaay more fun to play with than that silly sampler. In fact, I can still use the sampler with the band. It's like having a fourth member that plays sound effects! I feel like this band is gonna sound really incredible. It's a pretty large sound for a 3 piece band.

We start recording next week. I'm also working on some video stuff that will probably be seen spilling from a projector at our shows in the near future.

No comments: