Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Old people

John McCain has been a perfect example of the vast distance in the generation gap currently creeping slowly across time. The internet is honestly the demarcation point between old people and the new generation. Hell, I barely made it. I didn't have more than a couple of computers at my high school. But, I caught up eventually. My parents did, too. But, the generation just a little older than my parents (who are admittedly pretty young to have a 34 year old son) seems a little reluctant.

McCain can't use the internet. He doesn't use e-mail. Can you even imagine that?

And, now, AC/DC has decided that iTunes and digital downloads are just some passing fad designed to get someone (other than them) rich:

"Maybe I'm just being old-fashioned, but this iTunes, God bless 'em, it's going to kill music if they're not careful," lead singer Brian Johnson, 61, told Reuters.

AC/DC, formed by brothers Angus and Malcolm Young in 1973, is among only a handful of musicians to refuse to put their music on the popular download website in a move that Johnson defended as a bid to protect the album format from the Internet's emphasis on buying single songs.

"It's a...monster, this thing," he said. "It just worries me. And I'm sure they're just doing it all in the interest of making as much...cash as possible. Let's put it this way, it's certainly not for the...love, let's get that out of the way, right away," he said.


In a not at all surprising twist, the newest AC/DC album, Black Ice, which is sure to be craptastic, will only be available at Wal Mart and Sam's Club. Because if anybody is in it "for the love", it's Wal Mart!

No comments: