Friday, October 3, 2008

Detached from reality

When Obama and McCain debated last week, I remember that the pundits claimed the result of the debate was a tie. Funny, I thought, because I had watched the debate and thought that it was clear that Obama was the victor. Sure enough, a couple days later and the conventional wisdom is that Obama mopped the floor with ol' Johnny POW.

Look at editorial pages all across the country today, and you'll be told that Sarah Palin either tied or beat Joe Biden in last night's VP debate. But, polls of people who actually watched the debate indicate that Biden won easily. I read one such editorial piece on CNN.com today. I was so frustrated with this idea that by managing to not fall over, Sarah Palin somehow won the debate, that I was looking for the comment section to express my dissatisfaction over this editorial piece. When I scrolled through the comments, it was clear that I wasn't the only one who thinks that this propping up of Palin is fucking bullshit. I decided a comment was unnecessary. The people are not this stupid. The only polls I've seen that indicate that Palin won the thing, were polls from Fox"News" and The Drudge Report. Big fucking surprise there!

My frustration is NOT with the 30%ers who will declare victory for Palin because they're so moronic that they still think that Bush is doing a "heck'uva job". My frustration is with these fucking "pundits" who work for the mainstream media, who clearly understand that this woman is a fucking moron, but they're propping her up because a close election means more viewers for their networks. They're getting punked by the polls. Americans seem to be (miraculously) making up their own minds about what they're actually seeing in these debates. It seems that the people aren't interested in having blowhards at the MSM tell them how they should feel about what they just saw.

I'm still predicting an Obama/Biden win in November. And, the closer we get, the more I'm convniced that we're looking at a landslide of epic proportions.

No comments: