Friday, October 17, 2008

out and about again

I'm in Connecticut right now visiting Krystal. She's in the middle of some intense work here and will be gone Sunday through Friday nights for a few weeks. So, this weekend, I came up here and we're gonna go to Vermont for the weekend. Leaf-peeping and cheese tasting are on the itinerary.

If you're planning to break into my house while I'm gone, to steal my gear or pet my kitties, you'll have to get through this dude first:



The leaves that I saw when I flew in over Hartford were absolutely amazing! There were still a lot of green grass pastures (that or I just flew in over one of the largest golf courses in the world). But, the trees are the brightest red, orange and yellow! It was beautiful.

I can't wait for the drive up to VT. We've got GPS and a few iPods full of good travel jams. I'm looking forward to a driving trip. Krystal and I have such busy lives lately. It'll be nice to just sit for a spell and get some good hang time. We're staying at a B&B in Jamaica, Vermont. I'm not a big B&B kind of guy. I don't care much for lace and "country" style anything. But, it's about all they have for accomodations and it's a roof over our heads. Sounds like it's gonna be cold up there! I'm gonna walk to the mall in Milford, CT today and buy a scarf while Krystal is at work.

We'll be back to CT on Monday morning and then I'm going to Chicago on Tuesday for the Elephant 6 Holiday Surprise tour's stop in the Windy City. There are rumors that Jeff Mangum will show up and maybe play something. He joined them in NYC and sang some BGV's on an OTC and a Elf Power song. We'll see. I'm stoked either way.

I guess I better get out of bed and get on with my day.

See ya when I see ya.

1 comment:

sethy said...

No one has been by to steal or pet anything, i think the beard picture is working.