Monday, December 8, 2008

Ian Curtis for a day!

So, as the clock struck midnight, on December 8, how was I ringing in my 35th birthday? I was pretending to be Ian Curtis!



My friends are playing in a Joy Division tribute band for a Christmas party. But, the guy who's gonna sing for them is in Chicago until a few days before the show. So, I volunteered to act as stand-in for Matt/Ian Curtis for a Sunday night practice. Wow! What a good time!

The band has taken on a lot with this project. But, they sounded fantastic! And, it was a real treat to get lost in the music for a couple of hours. We did lots of great songs. Off the top of my head, we did Atmosphere, She's Lost Control, Walked in Line, Isolation, Shadowplay, Ceremony, Digital, Love Will Tear Us Apart, and Dead Souls.

Today, I've got lunch with my parents. Then, this evening, some Scar Party recording. Can't wait! I'm sad that Krystal has to be in Connecticut for work. But, we had a great weekend, and another one coming up this weekend.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Happy Birthday, dude.

Your wife sounds like she travels as much as mine! haha