Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Swamped

I'm finding it difficult these days to find time to blog. Krystal and I have some really great trips coming up and I'm working feverishly to get as much work done as possible before we leave. I'm also planning to build a studio this year. I had no idea how much work is involved in planning something like this. I really HATE the "business" aspect of my work. That part really gives me headaches. But, I absolutely LOVE the music part of what I do.

We've been working on an EP release for Scar Party. Things are coming along swimmingly. I expect to have all of the tracking done in the next few weeks. Mixing and mastering should be a quick and painless process. So, the first Scar Party EP will come out in the Spring. Yipee!

I'm also planning the next installment of the Locals Only Series. It will be held on Saturday, March 7 at Conservatory in OKC. This one should be outrageously huge. I know a few of the bands that are playing... but, I'm not telling yet!

Next week, I'll be in DC for the inauguration of Barack Obama. We managed to get lucky and get tickets from our otherwise pretty useless Representative. Out of 1400 requests, we got 2 of less than 200 tickets that they had available. Should be a wicked sweet trip. Can't wait for crabcakes at J.Pauls!

When we return, I'll only have one week in town before our anniversary trip. During that week, I'll be pulling tripple duty in the studio. I'll have daytime sessions with The Mean Spirits, who are in to work on an EP release. Then, I'll have evening sessions with Bryan from Negative Negative. He's putting the vocals down for their first EP release. After that, I'll have late night sessions for putting the finishing touches on the tracking for the Scar Party EP. Whoa! What a week!

But, at the end of that week, I start the longest vacation that my wife and I have ever taken. We're going to Grand Cayman for 15 days!!! Holy crap! We're staying in a condo of some sort, steps from the beach! Man.... I've really been looking forward to this vacation. And, you can bet that I'll enjoy every second of it. Because, I know that when we return, I'm gonna be up to my neck in studio construction headaches.

I'll try to be a little more regular about this blog.

No comments: